PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT CURRENTLY PROVIDE SCHOOL MEALS. THIS IS BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE A SCHOOL COOK. WE ARE HOPEFUL THAT THE POSITION WILL BE ADVERTISED AGAIN SOON. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO APPLY PLEASE LET THEM KNOW TO KEEP AN EYE ON MYJOBSCOTLAND.
School meals are provided daily at Kinlochewe Primary School. Nursery and school children eat their lunch together in the classroom alongside members of staff.
School meals cost £2.30 per day and we ask that money is handed in to the school office on a Monday each week. Nursery parents pay for their meals by direct debit. For more information please contact the school office.
Children in P1-3 are entitled to a free school meal.
Free school meals and assistance with school clothing can be claimed if you are receiving any one of the following:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610).
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £6,420 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- If you are 16 to 18 yrs old and receive any of these benefits in your own right then you can claim for yourself
- If you are an asylum seeker receiving support
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
Children in primary 1 – 3
Remember if a child is in primary 1-3 they are automatically entitled to a free school meal, no application is necessary. However applications for assistance with school clothing must still be made.
Guidance for parents
Primary 1 to 3 free school meals are a Scottish government funded initiative
- The meal is optional
- Primary 1 to 3 children are only entitled to a school meal at lunchtime. Parents and carers need to provide pupils with money for any other service provision in school such as morning break or breakfast
- There is no application process involved
- Parents and carers of primary 1 to 3 children still need to apply for clothing grants where applicable
- Parents and carers of children in Primary 4 to 7 if entitled still need to apply for free school meals following the usual process
- For medically confirmed special diets, applications need to be completed and returned to the head teacher
- Primary 1 to 3 children who are in a school with no meal provision will be reimbursed for every day that the child has been in attendance at school. This is based on the economic daily rate
For more information please contact the school office or click here and follow the link.